On the eve of the Pennsylvania budget deadline, Gov. Tom Wolf, a Democrat, and the Republican-majority Legislature are still far apart on a deal. Wolf has said the GOP budget is balanced on stopgaps that worsen the state's
In sight of the state's budget deadline of July 1, education funding for Pennsylvania schools is still a question mark. Over the weekend, legislators held 12-hour sessions and advocates flooded the Capitol in Harrisburg to
NinetyNineIn a weekend post on the Philadelphia Republican City Committee's temporary website, executive director Joe DeFelice claimed a recent Inquirer story about the "Summer Organizing Fellowship for Jim Kenney" amounted to free
NewsWorks is supported by
EssayWorksLife holds plenty of surprises, especially when you work at a public library. Last week, for instance, we found a banana in the book drop. Naturally, I logged onto my favorite librarian Facebook group to share the news.
Philadelphia Streets Under PressureAs driving rates continue to decline across our region, we can expect to hear more walkers, bikers, and bus riders clamoring for a larger share of space on our public streets. And while it’s true that reallocating
Justin AucielloBrian HickeyDick PolmanNational InterestPhilly ParentingPhilly ParentingJames PetersonIt's a Shore ThingIt's a Shore ThingDave DaviesDave Davies Off MicSusan RichardsonJan C. TingBrandywine to BroadSolomon JonesThe Philadelphia ExperimentHoward ShapiroShapiro on TheaterIn sight of the state's budget deadline of July 1, education funding for Pennsylvania schools is still a question mark. Over the weekend, legislators held 12-hour sessions and advocates flooded the Capitol in Harrisburg toFor the first time, the story of NASA's role in promoting civil rights by hiring the first African American spaceworkers is being told.
- Sunoco seeks to calm fears of Mariner East pipeline project in Chester County
- Budget bill would block new rules for conventional drillers
- Sunoco to host public forums on Mariner East 2 pipeline in southeast Pa.
- Clean Air Council challenges state panel to adopt new building codes
- Fracking health complaints received little follow-up from the Department of Health
- Pennsylvania's population becoming older, more diverse
- How Berlin is helping immigrants and trying to get residents to think differently about ...
- Next move in Pa. gun debate: cities, gun-control advocates and opponents consider options
- Pa. gun law prompted nearly 100 municipalities to alter ordinances
- In case you missed it: This week's good reads about Pennsylvania cities
- Higher phone fees for Pa. 911 centers likely
Questions, Comments, Story Ideas
NewsWorks is supported by