Northwest PhiladelphiaThe annual Philadelphia Marathon kicks off at 7 a.m. on Sunday. The route will take 30,000 runners from the steps of the Philadelphia Art Museum to City Hall, down to Old City, along the Schuylkill River, up to Manayunk and
Quantum electrodynamics, the United Methodist Church & gay marriage, fractured fairy tales, a Neil Simon classic, and more. Robin Bloom offers her picks on what to see and do this week.
Philadelphia's bike-share program will move a bit closer to reality this week with the release of a full list of proposed bike-share stations.
NewsWorks is supported by
EssayWorks“I’m serious!” “Well, I’m Roebuck. Who’s minding the store.” That old joke may cease to exist in the too-near future, as Sears begins to bite the dust.
EssayWorksA friend recently told me that if she had to choose an animal for extinction, she would definitely pick squirrels. After our recent, and what most likely appears to be second, infestation of these rodents in our 110-year-old
Howard ShapiroShapiro on TheaterDick PolmanNational InterestJustin AucielloPhilly ParentingDave DaviesDave Davies Off MicIt's a Shore ThingIt's a Shore ThingView FindersView FindersChris SatulloSolomon JonesThe Philadelphia ExperimentJan C. TingBrandywine to BroadIt's a tough time to be a Sixers fan. The team has traded away most of its experienced players in the hopes of tanking this season and securing a high draft pick next year. But even Sixers General Manager Sam HinkieOrbital Science's recent launch failure and the crash of Virgin Galactic/Scaled Composites SpaceShipTwo were a tragedies, but former NASA astronaut Leroy Chiao says mishaps are a natural and unavoidable part of pushing the
- Poll shows support for Obama’s Clean Power Plan among Pa voters
- Casey tells Obama administration: climate plan an unfair burden for Pa.
- Sunoco Logistics moves ahead on plans for natural gas liquids hub near Phila.
- Delaware River Basin Commission to review proposed PennEast Pipeline
- Bought by Halliburton, future unclear for Baker Hughes’ fracking disclosure policy
- Judge set to rule on non-profit to help Harrisburg
- In case you missed it: this week's good reads about Pennsylvania's urban issues
- Changes in Pa. pension fund management could save millions, auditor general says
- Beers, bars and babies: The next generation of Philly school parents gets serious
- Transit oriented development is seen as the cure for the commute: but what makes it fail or succeed?
- York schools poised for state’s first district-wide charterization
Questions, Comments, Story Ideas
NewsWorks is supported by