Gays, lesbians, bisexuals and transgender people gathered on Independence Mall in Philadelphia on the 4th of July to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the first gay rights demonstrations.
Close to 700 K-3 teachers from 40 District schools are attending a weeklong summer institute at Martin Luther King High School in East Germantown, learning best practices for teaching students how to read.
Human at WorkThe last week of June was one humdinger: funerals of those killed in mind-shattering racist violence in Charleston, the body count of domestic terrorism, victims of the Islamic State in France and Tunisia, Supreme Court rulings
NewsWorks is supported by
Philadelphia Neighborhoods in FluxPhiladelphia needs to be a town that is both affordable and well developed; everyone deserves to live in a neighborhood that meets their needs within their financial capacity. We must not only find ways to not displace
Philadelphia Streets Under PressureI gave the large, prominent, silver button a push, and waited for the light to change. I waited some more, then I gave it another push. Nothing seemed to be happening. When the crossing light finally went on, I didn't cross.
Justin AucielloDick PolmanNational InterestBrian HickeyNinetyNinePhilly ParentingPhilly ParentingHoward ShapiroShapiro on TheaterDave DaviesDave Davies Off MicSusan RichardsonView FindersChris SatulloJames PetersonPennsylvania's budget is a week overdue, and lawmakers in Harrisburg still have not reached a deal with Gov. Tom Wolf. So what will be the first groups to suffer from a lack of state funding? Well, that willBeginner's luck. It's an idea that's been around for generations. It even has its own Wikipedia page. But does it really exist?
- PennFuture names new President and CEO
- Environmental group accuses AG’s office of inaction in Health Department probe
- Water quality not impacted by drilling, according to new report
- Sunoco seeks to calm fears of Mariner East pipeline project in Chester County
- Budget bill would block new rules for conventional drillers
- How German cities are turning former coal mines into parks (photos)
- State names new recovery officer for Harrisburg schools
- For urban development that can’t attract traditional financing, crowdfunding jumps in
- Nanticoke’s new start: What other Pa. cities can learn from the first poised to exit ...
- In case you missed it: This week's good reads about Pennsylvania cities
- With no Pa. budget in place, what now?
Questions, Comments, Story Ideas
NewsWorks is supported by