Top 50 Photos of 2012 in Northwest Philadelphia (40-31)
This week, NewsWorks brings you our 50 favorite pictures that appeared on the Northwest Philadelphia pages during 2012.
Think we missed any? Agree or disagree with our unscientific rankings?
40. "Phila U. sends off largest graduating class in school's history" (May 13). Class of 2012 Valedictorian Alexandra P. Jared receives an award of excellence. (Bas Slabbers/for NewsWorks)
39. "Photos: Halloween in NW Philly" (Oct. 31). This cute little ladybug is 18-month-old Elize Byerd. (Bas Slabbers/for NewsWorks)
38. "Phila U. students and staff host vigil for traffic fatality victim" (Feb. 29). Jacob Noon and Laureen Wong were amongst the couple of dozen others holding candles on the corner of the intersection. (Bas Slabbers/for NewsWorks)
37. "Mt. Airy residents tackle abandoned buildings during city-wide cleanup day" (April 16). Volunteers take care to separate recyclables from other garbage as they clean Duval Street. (Jana Shea/for NewsWorks)
36. "Friends of Vernon Park hosted its inaugural Fall Flea Market [Gallery]" (Oct. 28). James Gilfillan and Sam Gardien have a laugh at the Friends of Vernon Park Inaugural Flea Market. (Brad Larrison/for NewsWorks)
35. "Philly residents rappel down Center City building for charity" (Nov. 3). City Hall is seen behind the reflection of rappeller Nancy Goldenberg. (Bas Slabbers/for NewsWorks)
34. "198th District Candidate Malik Boyd: 'I'm not going to make any promises'" (April 4). Aspiring state representative Malik Boyd canvassed for votes during the morning rush. (Bas Slabbers/for NewsWorks)
33. "How Mt. Airy kept its cool on Saturday" (July 8). Lauren Copeland enjoys the taste and feel of an icy cold fountain on a scorching summer day. (Jana Shea/for Newsworks)
32. "Roxborough's 'Rockin' The Ridge' brings more than 200 classic cars to Gorgas Park" (May 14). Carpenter and auto mechanic Pat Loffus carefully inspects this Bel Air and determines that it was made in 1955. (Johanna Austin/for NewsWorks)
31. "St. Bridget parents, neighbors and alumni rally for neighborhood school" (Feb 24). Sean Stevens rallies the crowd protesting the closing of St. Bridget School in East Falls. (Matthew Grady/for NewsWorks)