What would you do with a day and a half?
The New York Times has some suggestions for how to spend 36 hours in Philadelphia. Presumeably some of that time should be spent sleeping, but ... who are we to judge?
- Philadelphia History Museum in Old City
- Happy hour at Han Dynasty in University City
- The Barnes Foundation Museum on the Parkway
- Live music and local beer at Johnny Brenda's in Fishtown
- Donuts and fried chicken at Federal Donuts
- The "American Spirits: The Rise and Fall of Prohibition" exhibition at the National Constitution Center
- Mussels at Monk's Cafe in Rittenhouse
- Shopping for trinkets at Verde on 13th Street
- Joseph Fox Bookshop in Rittenhouse
- Bring your own bottle to the Farm and Fisherman in Washington Square West
- An unforbidden cocktail at Franklin Mortgage & Investment Co. in Center City
- A promenade along the Schuylkill River
- Brunch at National Mechanics
Tracing the heroin epidemic in Ocean County, N.J.
NewsWorks is supported by